- our Offices our_offices.jpg
- our People our_people.jpg
- my Business my_business.jpg
- my Career my_career.jpg
- Creditor Info creditor_info.jpg
02 8078 2100
Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
Forensic and Investigative Accounting
Kate is a Director in the Corporate Recovery division of Bentleys. She joined Bentleys in 1997 and is one of the few female Official Liquidators and Bankruptcy Trustees in Australia.
Kate's insolvency and reconstruction expertise covers all forms of personal and corporate insolvency as well as informal appointments. Through applying her expert judgement and technical proficiency, Kate has a strong track record of delivering outcomes efficiently and effectively.
Her extensive experience working with businesses, lenders and stakeholders across a range of industries means that she can quickly identify appropriate solutions to achieve the best return for all stakeholders.
In addition to her formal appointments as Liquidator, Kate has also been involved in the successful reconstruction of a number of businesses in a diverse range of industries - including property, childcare, retail and service industries. Kate has an excellent commercial understanding of key business drivers and ratios and the methodologies required to improve short term business performance and longer term financial viability.
Kate is a regular presenter at industry forums, training and development sessions and professional presentations.
In July 2012, Kate was awarded 2012 International Womenâ€™s Insolvency and Reconstruction Confederation NSW [IWIRC NSW] Outstanding Female of the Year in the Insolvency and Reconstruction industry .
This award is a testament to the dedication and contribution Kate has made to the industry . Kate has lifted the profile of women in the insolvency industry through her successful appointments and the growth of the Bentleys Corporate Recovery practice in Sydney .
- Corporate recovery and insolvency
- Turnaround management and restructuring
- Business structuring and asset protection advice
- Key stakeholder management
- Business investigations
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Master of Commerce (Law)
- Official Liquidator
- Registered Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant
- IPAA Insolvency Education Program (IEP)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting & Finance
- Fellow - Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member and committee member- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia
- Member -Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Queensland President -International Women's Insolvency & Reconstruction Confederation (2004 & 2005)
- Member - Turnaround Management Association
- Member - Australian Institute of Management
- Board Member - The Performance Space Carriageworks
- Workshop leader - IPAA Education program workshops
- Mentor - UQ Undergraduate Mentor Program (2004-05)
- Volunteer Accountant -Council of Civil Liberties (Qld)
Liquidator - Octaviar Administration and Octaviar Limited.
Kate leads a team of more than 30 insolvency, forensic and accounting professionals - one of the largest insolvency files in recent corporate history. Since appointment,
approximately $145 million has been recovered from the
collapsed finance group.
Receiver - Final Stages of significant property development in northern NSW. Kate works closely with stakeholders of
this high profile property development. Her role includes:
- Development of a risk management strategy
- Compliance with unique DA restrictions on the land use,
- which is contingent on land use of developments that are outside the Receivership
- Negotiations involving properties subject to existing contracts. Outcomes have been tailored to meet with the specific requirements of the financier
Think Ahead. Talk to Bentleys Today.
|Bentleys … So much more than accountants|
|The Bentleys Experience|